Why Community Hive?

Charles

We believe in the power of an owned community.

However, we also believe the age of "my community as an island" is over and it is imperative that community managers engage with the ocean of the wider internet rather than putting walls around their little islands.

We made Community Hive as a step in the direction of allowing your community to be part of a larger network. With that same mindset, it is also why we are opening it up to other platforms.

With the implosion of social media, now is the time to broaden your horizons and avoid putting up more walls.

Community Hive is only one piece of a broader strategy we have that will take time to implement. IPS (parent copmany behind Community Hive) does not just view itself as a software company churning out a "ye olde forum script." We see ourselves as a community solutions company and solutions can take many forms.

• Like 4

I have seen the Hive working for my forum. I’ve had a few users register on AJ after telling they found us through the Hive. As well as a friend and me have found some forums on the Hive that we thought are worth registering on.

So, it works. It may work better for one than the other, and the idea behind it is great. If you haven’t had new people through the Hive it means you’ve got work to do and push better content or maybe just have a hard niche finding people for.

I know they are very negative on the XF forums, and I honestly don’t know why. It could be that being a competitive software plays role, but don’t let them get in your head, you’re doing a good job Charles and everyone involved.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Aerodynamic said:

I know they are very negative on the XF forums, and I honestly don’t know why. It could be that being a competitive software plays role, but don’t let them get in your head, you’re doing a good job Charles and everyone involved.

There's always resistance to something new, but I know we will demonstrate the purpose and usefulness of Community Hive and that will erase doubts in time.

• Like 2