XenForo Testers

Charles

23 minutes ago, Alternadiv said:

Which page or thread would be the best place to know about the add-on update releases as they are released? Do we receive the update via private message each time, and do we have to ask for it? Or will @Charles send us updates automatically? What is the current version? Still 1.0.0 RC?

Community Hive 1.0.0 RC3

I would suspect the resource on XenForo will be updated as soon as there is a new version. You can "watch" that resource and it will send you a notification.

Edited by Aerodynamic

7 hours ago, Aerodynamic said:

Community Hive 1.0.0 RC3

I would suspect the resource on XenForo will be updated as soon as there is a new version. You can "watch" that resource and it will send you a notification.

I am curious why they called it "Watch". I have to admit that I find that a little confusing. I changed most of the texts on my forum to "Follow" as you are following a topic and a thread. Not sure why they went for "Watch".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlo said:

I am curious why they called it "Watch". I have to admit that I find that a little confusing. I changed most of the texts on my forum to "Follow" as you are following a topic and a thread. Not sure why they went for "Watch".

XenForo is as XenForo does… being a bit weird sometimes but yeah.

1 hour ago, Abhean said:

Little late to the game, but I was able to upload the app without problems and seems to be working. Neet idea cant wait to see if it drives some hits both ways. But, question. How will my members see the community hive?

There should be widgets you can add to your site to promote it.

• Thanks 1

On my site, I have several different areas (based on several addons) like my articles and blogs which are separated from my main site, in different subdirectory. So they look like this: <site>.com/articles or <site>.com/blogs. It does not look like CH dives any further than the base URL. Any way to have it look a little deeper? My articles are one of the main draws to the site.

Nice idea... but

Installs on my site fine.  When you try to go to the options page from the ACP you get this

image.png.42207a49587d95f1d4e82731377c3c81.png

No errors shown in the php error log for the site (and server), no nginx error log entries thrown for the vhost either.

No errors in the site ACP server error log.

In fact, the ONLY log entries are these (related to this add-on)

172.71.166.212 - - [04/Sep/2023:16:25:46 -0500] "POST /admin.php?options/update HTTP/2.0" 200 187 "https://astrowhat.com/admin.php?add-ons/Communityhive/options" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/116.0.0.0 Safari/537.36"
172.71.166.213 - - [04/Sep/2023:16:25:47 -0500] "GET /admin.php?add-ons/Communityhive/options HTTP/2.0" 200 12007 "https://astrowhat.com/admin.php?add-ons/Communityhive/options" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/116.0.0.0 Safari/537.36"
172.71.166.213 - - [04/Sep/2023:16:25:57 -0500] "GET /admin.php?communityhive/ HTTP/2.0" 200 55 "https://astrowhat.com/admin.php?add-ons/Communityhive/options" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/116.0.0.0 Safari/537.36"

image.png.78ca6f99ec6400d98396274a2d4099a3.png

119G of free drive space

Server data:

4vCPU/8GB/160GB Hetzner instance
PHP version: 8.1.23
nginx version: 1.25.2
mySQL version: 10.3.35-MariaD

Edited by Tracy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have released a new version with following changes.

- Improved preactionvation checks by adding a check for https.
- Improved the error messages shown when the activation or subscription fails.
- Prefilled the subscription form for logged in members with their email address.
- The widget will be added automatically to the forum list sidebar while the installation.
- Fixed that the wrong image was shown inside results ( The Thread Cover Image was used instead of the first image inside the post).
- Added a forum selector, so that the admin can choose which forums should be pushed to Community Hive.

You can download it from the integrations page

https://communityhive.com/about/integrations/xenforo

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Charles said:

@Tracy were you able to install the new version? Would love to know if that fixed your issues. Thanks!

Haven't had a chance... been doing data captures (astrophotography) and integration of the images for the last several days... M16 and I are doing battle... and it's winning.  Will try it tonight if I get a chance.
I somewhat tamed the Western Veil Nebula.... which brings up a point... a LOT of the posts that appear on my site are image based... does this relay the images in those posts or just any text?

The text for this image isn't much.. just telling what it is, and the data of the capture is done in custom thread fields that aren't actually in the post.

nvWmba1m.jpg

Also as a side note... y'all should really version the download names.... makes it easier to keep up with once they are downloaded.

Edited by Tracy

And... with the current download when I go to the ACP for it.

image.png.7ca6df3420480ebc02a0229d21074191.png

And my stack trace

Communityhive\APIException: Invalid site ID src/addons/Communityhive/API.php:135
Generated by: Tracy September 5, 2023 at 10:55 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Communityhive/Admin/Communityhive.php(74): Communityhive\API::subscribeMember(Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Entity\User), 'admin@astrowhat...', false)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): Communityhive\Admin\Communityhive->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Communityhive\\A...', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Communityhive\Admin\Communityhive), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Communityhive\Admin\Communityhive), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#7 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#8 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(25) "/admin.php?communityhive/"
  ["referrer"] => string(82) "https://astrowhat.com/admin.php?add-ons/install-from-archive-complete&batch_id=184"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["communityhive/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Communityhive\APIException: activation error Server error: `PUT https://communityhive.com/api/v1/activate` resulted in a `500 Error` response: {"error":"community already activated"} src/addons/Communityhive/API.php:88
Generated by: Tracy September 5, 2023 at 10:57 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Communityhive/API.php(50): Communityhive\API->activate()
#1 src/addons/Communityhive/Admin/Communityhive.php(72): Communityhive\API::toggle(true)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): Communityhive\Admin\Communityhive->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Communityhive\\A...', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Communityhive\Admin\Communityhive), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Communityhive\Admin\Communityhive), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#8 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#9 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(25) "/admin.php?communityhive/"
  ["referrer"] => string(51) "https://astrowhat.com/admin.php?logs/server-errors/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["communityhive/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

It looks like it's got an issue maybe with Xon's ElasticSearch Essentials add-on.

Edited by Tracy

It looks like it's pulling the Admin email/username (user #1) and not the account I sign in under for ACP access.... which is a "normal" created user (but SuperAdmin) separate from the Admin account.

I can edit the options.. but not sure if it's linked or not.

That image error is when I choose the CommunityHive ACP option.. it should not be throwing an error but if already subscribed, should tell you so.

Edited by Tracy

Edit time to short!
The ACP entry should (if using to activate on the first go) do that.. but it should actually have sub-options so that the same "options" that are visible from the add-on screen are available there.

image.thumb.png.9af82909e517ec697d488036f428dcf8.png

This is what you get.

image.thumb.png.621def4ff89c45d9f8b486eb90c8567e.png

It doesn't follow the normal "flow" of XF ACP item options selections.

Edited by Tracy