Filter tags launched

Charles

As we mentioned recently in the categories feedback topic, we are removing categories and today we launched filter tags.

Filter tags are similar to categories but allow more flexibility. Key changes:

• You can now assign 3 tags instead of 2 categories
  • If one of our default tags do not fit your community, you can now specify custom tags
  • Custom tags are searchable

Future updates will use tags to enhance discovery of new communities in your feed. Stay tuned!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Charles said:

As we mentioned recently in the categories feedback topic, we are removing categories and today we launched filter tags.

Filter tags are similar to categories but allow more flexibility. Key changes:

• You can now assign 3 tags instead of 2 categories
  • If one of our default tags do not fit your community, you can now specify custom tags
  • Custom tags are searchable

Future updates will use tags to enhance discovery of new communities in your feed. Stay tuned!

Hi Charles, great work. Much better implementation. I have however noticed that since the change, my community no longer shows in the discover feed using the assigned tags. Any idea? 

In my ACP the site_key etc fields have vanished too. 

5 hours ago, Lee said:

Hi Charles, great work. Much better implementation. I have however noticed that since the change, my community no longer shows in the discover feed using the assigned tags. Any idea? 

In my ACP the site_key etc fields have vanished too. 

If you are following your own site it will not show up in Discover feed since you are already following it.

Just as a side note: I'm now following your site and became a member of your site through Community Hive. So that's an example of how people discover good communities they normally would have never come across 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2023 at 12:29 PM, Charles said:

If you are following your own site it will not show up in Discover feed since you are already following it.

Just as a side note: I'm now following your site and became a member of your site through Community Hive. So that's an example of how people discover good communities they normally would have never come across 🙂 

That explains that! I am indeed following it! 

Thank you for joining, hopefully can be of some help to you 

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2023 at 10:32 PM, Lee said:

my community no longer shows in the discover feed using the assigned tags

What's the tag your site is under? That's the problem I see with having tags only in Discover. It doesn't give a clue to what the site is about. I'd have to  click on all the tags to find something of interest instead of viewing site listings.

4 hours ago, Bionic Rooster said:

What's the tag your site is under? That's the problem I see with having tags only in Discover. It doesn't give a clue to what the site is about. I'd have to  click on all the tags to find something of interest instead of viewing site listings.

Can you give me some more information on what you mean there with tags? Tags show in both Follow and Discover.

35 minutes ago, Charles said:

Can you give me some more information on what you mean there with tags? Tags show in both Follow and Discover.

Yes they do show in both Follow and Discovery. But if your looking for someones site, there is no search option other than going through all the tags to find it.

1 hour ago, Bionic Rooster said:

Yes they do show in both Follow and Discovery. But if you’re looking for someones site, there is no search option other than going through all the tags to find it.

Thanks for clarifying. We’re working on more discovery options. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 6:19 PM, Bionic Rooster said:

"health-and-fitness" or "mental-health"